Interested in Joining Our Music Ministry?
The Chancel Choir is open to high school students and older who enjoy choral singing. The choir sings for the 10:30 a.m. service most Sundays from Labor Day through Memorial Day. We practice every Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Contact Jerry Smith at (419) 260-5905 for more information.
Children of God Choir
The Children of God is our choir for school-age children. The Children of God will sing at the 10:30 a.m. service six to eight times during the school year. A weekly practice time will be determined based on the participants’ availability. Contact Jerry Smith at (419) 260-5905 to learn more.
Handbell Choir (Adult)
The Chancel Handbell Choir meets on Thursday evenings at 6:00 on the third floor in the bell room. We rehearse each week for one hour beginning September 6th to the middle of May and ring as a part of the second worship service about once a month. We have a short rehearsal before the service when we ring. Have you ever thought of ringing but had questions? Let me answer the most common ones.
- Do I need to be able to read music? NO, all you need to be able to do is to count to 4 and to distinguish your right hand from your left.
- Do I need to be able to stand for the entire hour rehearsal? NO, we have a few stools for ringers who need to sit.
- Do I need to wear gloves? Yes, to protect your hands from the bell handles and the bells from your hands.
- Do I need to attend all rehearsals? Yes, if you are not in attendance, your bells will be silent. Imagine trying to sing a hymn on Sunday with missing notes!
- Do angels play heavenly harps? NO, they ring handbells!